Yesterday’s bets saw some ups and downs. The Pens couldn’t quite pull it out in overtime and the Braves couldn’t rough up the Mets as expected. However, I stayed very positive with Houston dominating San Antonio, Blue Jays and Yanks getting to the over and Cleveland easily covering the spread against the Raptors. Today we have another pair of MLB games and two pairs of NHL and NBA Playoff matchups.
Minnesota vs Oakland
- Ervin Santana takes to the mound for the Twins with a 4-0 record and a 0.77 ERA
- Minnesota has won four of their last five games
- Moneyline has Minnesota at -138
I like taking Santana and the Twins here. They’ve been hot lately and Santana’s stat line speaks for itself. I wouldn’t put too much money down but you should see another victory for the Twins.
New York Mets vs Atlanta
- RA Dickey vs Matt Harvey
- New York has struggled to score as of late (9 runs in the past 3 games)
- Over/Under set at 8.5
This bet didn’t go over too well on the moneyline last night but hopefully tonight we can see a pitcher’s duel. Dickey should pitch well against his old team and Harvey is close to being where we was last season. I like the under.
Washington vs Boston
- Boston leads series 1-0
- Celtics controlled the pace in Game 1
- Spread says Boston at -5
I’ve got Boston covering in this one. The Celtics did a great job causing turnovers in Game 1 and will look to continue their dominance. With Thomas, Crowder and Horford playing well they’re a dangerous team. I have them covering.
Utah vs Golden State
- Game 1 in Oakland GS swept their first series and Utah won in seven games
- Warriors have averaged 221 total points per game in the playoffs
- Over/Under set at 206.5
I’d be surprised if these teams don’t get to the over tonight. Golden State is way too explosive to be kept under 110 and Utah is going to have to change the way they play and score more just to be in the games. Over on an easy bet IMO.
Ottawa vs New York Rangers
- OTW leads the series 2-0
- New York is 2-1 at home in the postseason
- Moneyline has NY at -160
I’m betting against the odds here. I don’t think the Rangers are the same team we’ve seen all year and Lunquist has been average at best in goal. Even with this one in New York I’ve got Ottawa on the moneyline.
St. Louis vs Nashville
- Nashville leads series 2-1
- Nashville outscoring opponents 22-10 with a 6-1 record
- Moneyline has Nashville at -155
Going with Nashville. To me they look like the best team in hockey minus maybe the Pens. They should take a commanding 3-1 after tonight.
I’ll see y’all tomorrow,