Cover Your Ass – 5/1/17
For those of you that follow me on Twitter you know that I have a slight gambling problem. I don’t see it as a problem cuz money is money. So now each day I figured I’d share my picks of the day in hopes that maybe some of you could get a little extra cash in your wallets for the bars or somethin’. I present “Cover Your Ass” vol. 1.
Not a huge MLB better because it’s incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes guys get hot and “having a bad day” is all too common. However, there’s always money to be won.
Blue Jays @ Yankees
- Both pitchers come in with 3 or lower ERA’s
- The Yankees have scored 11 or more runs in 3 straight games
- Over/under set at 7 runs
I’m betting the over here. Even with both pitchers having low ERA’s the Yanks should blast Marco Estrada and put up some big numbers.
Mets @ Braves
- Mets gave up 23 runs yesterday to Washington
- Julio Teheran is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA for Atlanta
- Moneyline says Atlanta at -117
I’m taking Atlanta on the moneyline tonight. A good chance to double your bet, the Mets got murdered yesterday and send out Robert Gsellman to the hill. Gsellman has had trouble keeping runners off the base paths all year and the Braves just took two in Milwaukee this weekend.
Now with the Conference Semis underway it’s an exciting time to bet basketball. The players are playing harder and we now know who the real contenders are.
Raptors @ Cavs
- Cleveland quickly dispatched Indiana in four games
- Toranto struggled early but finished their series with the Bucks in six games
- Cleveland is -6.5
With this matchup I’m thinking Cleveland should be able to cover. Some people still don’t give a whole lot of respect for the Cavs but if tonight goes smoothly expect the odds to swing heavily in their favor.
Houston @ San Antonio
- San Antonio struggled in round one going six games with Memphis
- Houston took the Thunder handily in five
- The line is San Antonio at -6.5
In this game I don’t expect the Spurs to cover. I’ve actually got Houston winning outright so whenever the moneyline is available there should be a good shot to double up.
Conference Semis are underway and there’s always good odds out there to win money. Don’t take the high seed because that strategy hasn’t worked this year.
Capitols @ Penguins
- Pens up 2-0 in the series with two home games coming up
- Washington has been outscored 9-4 in the series
- Pittsburgh has -115 on the moneyline
The Eastern Conference Semis has been a thorough ass kicking for Pittsburgh. Vegas has Pitt taking one on the road and I agree.